Author Topic: very sad news  (Read 6595 times)

March 09, 2009, 10:41:12 AM
Read 6595 times

shross

Hima Maher was one of the persons who got killed yesterday at Kicking Horse ski resort.  I am deeply saddened by the news.  Hima, while a fierce competitor, was a really nice person, always willing to help and chat.  I feel terrible for his family......
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:56:55 PM by shross »

March 09, 2009, 12:36:32 PM
Reply #1

lotiguy

R.I.P Hima, having done business over the years and seeing at the track he was a great guy.

found a link:

http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/news/index.cfm?cid=21052

Gord

March 09, 2009, 12:44:24 PM
Reply #2

March 09, 2009, 01:41:02 PM
Reply #3

Tachyon

This is very tragic news. Heather and I extend our condolences out to the families and to the close friends of these two men who lost their lives skiing at Kicking Horse Resort. Having known Hima for a few years I have watched with great admiration and appreciation as he developed his craft as a very successful race car driver and his determination to chase his dream as  a team owner and winning driver.  He was always positive, a smile on his face and would always go out of his way to say hello and to shake your hand. A few years ago WCMA named him Driver of the Year. He was unable to  attend the WCMA Awards banquet that year because he was off doing what he loved; driving a race car.  A week or so later I dropped the award off at his shop and he was very appreciative of the award.  However, what stood out in my mind was that he called me a few days later and said thank you to WCMA and to the officials for honouring him with this award.  He was a very busy man: a family person, a successful business person running a viable business and a person who was working those extra, long  hours required to support an expensive and successful car racing career.  Yet, he took that extra, personal time to say thank you to those around him. 

He will be greatly missed by his family and friends; however, he will also be missed by the Canadian motorsport racing community that appreciated his driving skills and incredible passion for sports car racing.  Hima ? God speed and thank you!  Gary Leadbetter

March 09, 2009, 05:09:48 PM
Reply #4

CRXsi

Extremely tragic, we have lost a legend as well as an inspiration....

Deepest condolences to family and friends.

March 09, 2009, 05:55:27 PM
Reply #5

admin

Hima was an exceptional person both on and off the track. He will be missed, and our thoughts and prayers should go to his family at this difficult time.

Michael Lemanski
WCMA President

March 09, 2009, 07:23:51 PM
Reply #6

rickc38

Hi Hima

We will all miss you. The times my group and myself had with you will always
be special. We pitted many times together in Vancouver and many times we each had finished in second. I was with you when you won the Indy (04).
I remember seeing you in my mirrors, yet again lapping me and I remember
when you couldn"t lap me.
Some of my favorite races were spent on the track racing with you.
I will miss you Buddy.
May you win all the races and I will see you later.

RickC38

March 10, 2009, 03:23:57 PM
Reply #7

Super70Dave

My deepest condolences to all his family. I know i awlays enjoyed watching him coming flying up in my mirrors and making feel like i was standng still on the track.
Funeral information enclosed in this article.
http://www.riegeltuning.com/index.cfm
Dave Gardiner #70 IT2
Super70Dave

March 11, 2009, 08:48:45 AM
Reply #8

Racer41

Although I am new to the road course crowd, I feel we have lost a person who inspired all around him. My prayers and regards to his family and those close to him.

March 12, 2009, 05:23:41 PM
Reply #9

JLee

RIP Hima.   You will be missed.