Author Topic: SEPTEMBER RACE EVENT - RIDE-A-LONGS  (Read 2551 times)

August 15, 2009, 07:13:17 PM
Read 2551 times

Sue

If you can help out please contact Debbie at wrcarroll@nucleus.com.

Thanks

Sue

Sent: August-13-09 8:27 PM
To: Wilson, Susan
Subject: Please forward to all drivers and workers

Hi all,

Well our 2nd annual nostalgia VOTP weekend has come and gone and what a wonderful weekend it was.  On behalf of the Calgary Vintage Racing Club I would like to thank all our sponsors: (Sports Car Parts; Triple K Autobody; British Cars International; Homelife Cityscape Real Estate; Propack; Vintage Coach Works and Nossak Foods ); all the drivers and their crews; the lappers; and all the wonderful track workers for making this such a terrific weekend.  Even the weather was with us.

For the final September race weekend, CVRC would like to set up some lunch hour ride alongs for our track workers. Sue has arranged the schedule so that we can put this idea into effect.  We will do our regular lapping, then from 1:00 to 1:20 we will run the ride-a-longs.

In order to make this work, we will need a lot of help.  We will need racers who can take a passenger.  Each ride a long will be 3 to 5 laps depending on how much help we have.  We will need people in pit lane to help match up drivers with ride-a-longs; to belt in the ride-a-longs; to wave drivers onto the track; to sit in the tower; to be on turns 3 and 9 with radios.  I will do all the first arranging and matching, but I will need a list of names of people who are willing to take passengers, and whether they are going to do it both days.  I will also need a list of workers who would like to go for a ride-a-long, and which day or days that they would like to take their rides.

This can be a lot of fun for all involved, but, once again, we will need a lot of help.  So please let me know as soon as possible if you would be willing to help.  ARCA has a lot of other fun things planned.  So let's make our final Race Weekend one to remember.

Thanks again.

Debbie Luini-Carroll
CVRC

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?