Author Topic: BARRIE MAIN  (Read 2591 times)

May 05, 2010, 11:56:28 AM
Read 2591 times

Sue Wilson

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
It is with great sadness that I inform you all that Barrie Main has died.  His body was found by police in his home yesterday (May 4) and it appears that he died in his sleep sometime over the last 10 days or so.

As soon as I know more information about funeral arrangements I will let you all know.

The motorsport community has lost a great friend!

Sue

Sue Wilson
Administrator
Director - Licensing
Western Canada Motorsport Association

May 05, 2010, 01:28:40 PM
Reply #1

Tachyon

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
This is of great sadness to the Alberta Motorsport community.  I have known Barrie for over a score of years.  He was very passionate about the sport and a great asset to us competitors, instructors and participants.  His attention to detail, his dedicated focus on every car on every lap, and his ability to spot any potential safety concern was second to none.   As a race driver your safety,your life and the safety of fellow competitors, track volunteers are solely in the hands of people like Barrie Main.  There were no better hands to be looking after us: to be spotting potential dangers, calling in those concerns to Race Control and then to be waving the correct flag at the correct time than those of Barrie Main.  Barrie, you will be missed.

I will miss the friendly wave from Barrie at the end of each and every session as we crest the hill at corner nine!
Rest in Peace our motorsport friend!  Gary Leadbetter

May 05, 2010, 01:56:12 PM
Reply #2

oldpony

• Information Offline
  • WCMA Executive
Barrie was a stalwart enthusiast whose efforts benefited western motorsports groups from a wide variety of interests. It won't be the same at RCS without him . He will be truly missed.