Author Topic: 2009 FC Rule changes  (Read 2564 times)

October 15, 2008, 11:04:47 AM
Read 2564 times

gary_t

Hey guys,

I know most have seen this in the email list, but thought I should put it here as well. I made a typo in the email - the connecting rod section is actually 6.14.e.i.

There have been a few changes in the SCCA regs for FC. I've highlighted the differences here. The changes from the regs we ran this year are in bold. It is my feeling that we should try to stay reasonably close to aligned with the SCCA, since that is where alot of the cars that are here are from, and I know a few people would like to do some SCCA racing as well. As such, I think that these should be brought up at the WCMA AGM. If we, the competitors, can agree to (or not to) include them, it would make the Race Directors job much easier.

If you know of other differences, please let us know. Comments/discussion?

Gary

6.14.d) PISTONS
i) Only the following combinations are permitted, unmodified in any way except for
balancing as detailed herein.
(1) Ford piston P/N 80HM6102LA with rings and pin. Standard Ford connecting rod
with bolts, without bearings. Alternate connecting rods and big end bolt
assembly (See 6.14.e.i.) Minimum weight = 1332.50 grams
(2) Ford piston P/N 85HM6102DA with rings and pin. Standard Ford connecting rod
without bearing; any rod boltand nut may be used provided no modification is
made to the connecting rod. Alternate connecting rods and big end bolt
assembly (See 6.14.e.i.) is permitted. Minimum weight = 1240.00 grams.
(3) JE piston P/N M-6102-B200 with rings and pin. Standard Ford or alternate
connecting rods (See 6.14.e.i.) with bolts, without bearings. Minimum weight = 1240.00
grams.

(4) AE Hepolite piston P/N 21426 with rings and pin. Standard Ford or alternate
connecting rod (See 6.14.e.i.) with bolts, without bearings. Minimum weight = 1240.00
grams.

(5) CP piston P/N IV 2.0 LTR with rings, pin, connecting rod (See 6.14.e.i) with bolts, without bearings. Minimum weight = 1240 grams. Part number and Ivey logo are stamped on wrist pin bosses.

6.14.d)
ii) Rings are unrestricted provided that:
A. One oil control and two compression rings are used.
B. No modification is made to the piston for the installation of the rings.

6.14.e.i) CONNECTING RODS
i)Full connectng rods may be standard Ford, Cosworth, Oliver, or Crower. The approved Crower part numbers are SP93230B-4 or SP93230PF-4. Any rod bolts may be used. Floating piston pins may be used. Standard rod length must be 5.00 inches (+.005" -.010").

6.19) FUEL PUMPS
Fuel pumps are unrestricted.

October 21, 2008, 11:47:23 AM
Reply #1

gary_t

No discussion at all??? The AGM is this weekend.

Gary