Author Topic: Entry Level Classes  (Read 10127 times)

October 21, 2012, 08:37:46 AM
Read 10127 times

Wayne_S

• WCMA Race Director
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • WCMA Exec
There are several inexpensive entry level racing cars around, including old ice racing cars and cars from other series such as Chump Car.  These vehicles are eligible to race at WCMA events as long as the meet the following criteria:

1. The driver must have a current WCMA license
2. The vehicle must meet the minimum safety standards (including roll cage, competitor safety equipment, general vehicle preparation)

Currently, these vehicles can be placed into IT or ST classes.  Organizing clubs have the option of creating a club-level class at their events to give these vehicles a place to compete.

October 29, 2012, 10:30:25 AM
Reply #1

unclebilly

• Information
If there were local IT-J races, I would be interested. If there were local IT-J endurance races, I would be really, really interested.

March 24, 2013, 09:58:31 PM
Reply #2

D Krause

• Information
Wow, it is great to have an Alberta place to race in 2013 with 5 race events scheduled at Castrol at Nisku.

The initial short track layout looks ideal for IT-J; SMOOTH and about 6 turns will provide a lot of repetition on every track session; more opportunity to get it right. And when the long track comes online in late summer a whole new track to learn.

I will be bringing the SLOVO out to play again in IT-J, are there any others planning to bring out their Chump/Ice cars?

Dana

April 04, 2013, 09:02:44 PM
Reply #3

navelgazer

• Information
Definitely hoping to get Barney out again this year. Might be me or other drivers, but I know Barney wants to race IT-J!! He felt he should have won it last year. ;-)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jeff
2012 Radical SR3 RS
2005 Dodge SRT-4 Speed World Challenge car ("Syd")

June 26, 2014, 01:46:29 PM
Reply #4

GTcalgary

"9.3.h. The clerk of the course or steward may, during any practice, qualifying or race session,
order any car removed from the race track which, in their opinion, constitutes a hazard to
other competitors because of insufficient speed, fluid spilling, or any other reason. Such
action is not subject to protest or appeal."

"9.3.i. All major body components shall remain in the normal position throughout the
competition. Loss of bodywork may result in a car being black flagged on instruction from
the clerk of the course or steward. "

"11.4. Appearance of Cars
11.4.a. The body condition, paint work and signage (decaling) of a car shall remain intact at all
times. Cars will not be permitted to compete in a competition with damage from a previous
competition that has not been repaired in a workmanlike manner.
11.4.b. Reasonable efforts must be made to restore the appearance of a car damaged during an
event prior to the start of a race.
11.4.c. A car that is visually unacceptable, in the opinion of the steward in consultation with the
clerk of the course will not be permitted to start a race. A claim for return of entry fees, or
any protest or appeal against any action taken by the steward under this regulation is not
allowed."   i.e. it has to be pretty (eyelashes and nose rings don't count).

June 26, 2014, 09:56:41 PM
Reply #5

navelgazer

• Information
And your point is??
Jeff
2012 Radical SR3 RS
2005 Dodge SRT-4 Speed World Challenge car ("Syd")