Author Topic: 2013 race schedule  (Read 3170 times)

January 10, 2013, 08:26:08 AM
Read 3170 times

Blair Robertshaw

• Information Offline
  • Open Wheel
Happy New Year everyone,

a bit of a lark this question but does anyone know if there is even a sniff of a race sched. for 2013? any chance of Edmonton Indy track? any word on where Castrol is at? I hear the boys around Airdrie are hoping to be permitted and in the ground by April .... right, that's got a chance....Cautiously optimistic on that!

thanks.

January 10, 2013, 10:33:37 AM
Reply #1

racer41

• Information Offline
In this case, no news is not good news.

If there is any information out there it would be nice to hear about it.
If you can't help them, Don't hinder them.

January 13, 2013, 01:15:08 PM
Reply #2

10cc

• Information Offline
  • WCMA Affiliate Executive
  • ARCA Race Director
I got nothing this time around. Ran out of rabbits and hats.
G. Brooke Carter
#10 ST5
ARCA Race Director

January 14, 2013, 09:59:00 AM
Reply #3

GTcalgary

Drift guys have already booked track time at Castrol but I suppose the curbing and safety has to be completed and ok'd for road race.  Perhaps they are waiting until it's finished before making a commitment. That said, it would be nice for Castrol to provide tentative bookings to us, holding the calendar spots until such time that they have the required FIA safety equipment and approvals in place.  Of course if there is anything the membership can do to help the executive secure some bookings, I'm sure we'd all be willing to do our part.

Once confirmed, I'm hearing a maximum of 20 cars on track per session due to the shorter length/density so there might be some further scheduling challenges in order to squeeze all of the classes in. 

On a related note, there are a number of newcomers looking to take the school and planning to get their three events in during 2013 so that they they can upgrade their novice status and be ready to roll for 2014 (when the full track might be available).  If the school is held early in the year at Namao for example, can novices apply U.S. attended races towards their three events requirement?

In the meantime and at least for the first part of the year, I'm planning to go stateside.  Here's a link to the combined ICSCC, NASA Utah, NASA PNW, SCCA and Chumpcar events in the Northwest  http://miatavsmiata.squarespace.com/event-calendar/  Hopefully we'll see some of you down there especially for the "longer seat time per miles towed" type of events.

January 14, 2013, 12:51:13 PM
Reply #4

10cc

• Information Offline
  • WCMA Affiliate Executive
  • ARCA Race Director
Castrol has been made aware of the dates we would like for school / road race, but seems they are somewhat reluctant to even reply.

Personally, I would find a short, as in less than a mile, track, with just a few left hand turns to be unfulfilling, and I probably wouldn't attend....but...???
G. Brooke Carter
#10 ST5
ARCA Race Director

February 03, 2013, 09:09:58 AM
Reply #5

GTcalgary

Some interesting comments re 2013 track rentals from a Castrol rep on their Facebook page.http://miatavsmiata.ca/blog/.