Author Topic: 2013 WCMA Solo Regional Series  (Read 5041 times)

July 09, 2013, 09:31:46 PM
Read 5041 times

majormojo

• Information
  • Global Moderator
  • WCMA Solosport Director
From the "Better late than never department" . . .

I'm very pleased to announce the 2013 WCMA Solo Regional Series and to provide you with some details.

Summary for impatient people:

- Open to members of all WCMA affiliated clubs
- Series comprises at least six events in 2013
- Scoring will be based on your best 3 events

Event Dates:
- Edmonton - June 22, 2013
- Ft. MacLeod - Aug 4, 2013
- Red Deer - Aug 25, 2013
- Saskatoon - Aug 31 & Sept 1, 2013 (2 events)
- Regina - Oct 6, 2013

Details for the rest of us:

Members of any WCMA affiliated club are eligible to compete. The intent of the series is to encourage WCMA Solo competitors to participate in events outside of their own local clubs and to reward those competitors who are successful at a variety  of venues and locations. The scoring will be based on PAX scores in the following "superclasses".

Stock
Street Touring
Street Prepared
Street Modified
Prepared
Modified

PAX values as developed by Rick Ruth and published here.

There will not be "Street Tire Stock" or "Street Tire Other" classes, instead the series will use a PAX modifier of 0.975 for street-tired cars running in classes that allow R's. Calculation of competitor's regional points will be as follows:

Event points = (best superclass PAX time x 100) / competitor's PAX time

Each competitor needs to run at least 3 Regional events to be eligible for the series championship. The series scoring will be based on each competitor's best 3 scores in Regional events. We don't yet have an official website for the series, but you can post any questions you have here and I'll do my best to address them promptly.

Jim W (#242 CSP Miata)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:33:32 AM by majormojo »
Insert awesome race car here.

August 14, 2013, 10:34:30 AM
Reply #1

majormojo

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Updated to show that Red Deer event is now confirmed for Aug 25.

August 30, 2013, 09:36:33 AM
Reply #2

majormojo

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Here are interim Regional series standings. No one has 3 events yet, but I expect that to change after SSIS (which will count for 2 events, remember). Here's the standings going into SSIS. Please contact me with any corrections etc.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8WGMzSjNoZlIzbjA/edit?usp=sharing

October 24, 2013, 12:17:26 PM
Reply #3

majormojo

• Information
  • Global Moderator
The 2013 WCMA Regional Solo Series final results are complete. Thank you to everyone who participated in a regional event for making this a successful series and a big congratulations to all the winners! I know we got off to a bit of a confusing start and I took over the administration of the series a bit late in the season, but competitors from all clubs really made a great effort to do a bit of travelling and join the series. Thank you also to all of the club organizers for working so quickly to help me set up the series events.

Here is a link to the official results. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8WGMzSjNoZlIzbjA/edit?usp=sharing

Some brief stats on the series overall:

6 events in the series
- Edmonton
- Calgary
- Red Deer
- Saskatoon (x2)
- Regina

136 competitors, with 816 total regional event scores
- 35 people in Stock
- 27 people in Street Touring
- 23 people in Street Prepared
- 17 people in Street Modified
- 11 people in Prepared
- 23 people in Modified

72 people had 3 or more qualifying regional events with 126 qualifying event scores. This compares to last year with only 4 competitors having enough qualifying events! It's fantastic to see some great regional competition. I think it's healthy for the sport to have people visiting other clubs, learning from each other and building friendships in our community. Thank you again to everyone who participated and to the organizers who did all the hard work to make these events happen.