Author Topic: WCMA Road Race Classing Review  (Read 80096 times)

December 02, 2014, 08:24:15 AM
Reply #150

SputnikRSS

• Information
I love being right.

https://www.facebook.com/NasaNorthWest/posts/775241082547274?fref=nf

Shouldn't we be trying to align our selves with our closer neighbours (ICSCC and CACC)? Not NASA as the farthest foot hold into the NorthWest that NASA has is Salt Lake/Miller which is 15+ hours from Castrol.

Actually NASA has moved into the Pacific North West in a big way this year, so much so that ICSCC is worried about the competition. NASA events are at The Ridge, Portland, Pacific Raceways, Oregon Raceway Park so the same tracks as ICSCC (Conference).  Miller is a (rather nice) bonus and is about as far as Gimli to travel.  The Ridge, Portland, Pacific Raceways, and Oregon Raceway Park are all closer than Gimli as are are Spokane and Mission.  The SCCA is also in the PNW.  For Manitoba WCMA members, NASA tracks in Colorado, Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa and Kansas are all as close to them as Calgary.  I suppose certain CACC tracks are too though mostly far to the east from Winnipeg.

http://miatavsmiata.ca/event-calendar/

http://www.nasanorthwest.com/schedule/calendar-2/

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event

"NAPA VALLEY, CA (OCTOBER 30, 2012) The National Auto Sport Association is pleased to announce that it will be expanding its operations into the Pacific Northwest for the 2013 season. Leading the region will be longtime NASA NorCal officials Andy Tencati and Robert Kinley who will be relocating to the area to start the region in 2013.

The NASA Northwest schedule will include dates at Pacific Raceways, Portland International Raceway, The Ridge Motorsports Park, and Oregon Raceway Park. The events will feature NASA’s full offering of programs including HPDE, competition racing, and Time Trials. Other special events such as endurance races and rallycrosses may also be on the calendar depending on interest levels from local drivers.

"I am thrilled to be part of the team bringing NASA to the northwest," said Andy Tencati. "We are committed to creating the best track experience for participants at all skill levels -- with an emphasis of getting everyone on the track. This is an exciting time for NASA. In addition to offering our entire range of services, we are also planning some exciting new events for 2013 that will truly elevate motorsports in the northwest region."

"It's very exciting to help spread the NASA programs to the Pacific Northwest," said Robert Kinley.  "We are focused on building a fantastic customer experience as well as hosting top-notch events for all of ourparticipants. Stay tuned for exciting things to come."

John Lindsey, NASA’s Chief Divisional Director added that “The Pacific Northwest has always been an area where we have wanted to introduce our NASA programs to new participants in the region. We are very pleased to finally have all of the key pieces in place and we are very grateful for the warm reception we have received so far. We expect great things from Robert and Andy this year and we will do our best to support them in this important effort for us.”

For more information on the NASA Northwest Region, please visit  www.nasanorthwest.com, visit the Northwest section of www.nasaforums.com,  or e-mail  info@nasanorthwest.com
View our comprehensive news archive"

December 02, 2014, 09:26:21 AM
Reply #151

Tachyon

• Information
  • Global Moderator
NASA is growing and is doing a fabulous job at providing motorsport events.   A very well run business.  Eventually some one will put up the cash and buy or bring a franchise or chapter to Canada.  We thought it would happen in the mid to late 1990s and then again in the early 2000s.

December 02, 2014, 09:38:35 AM
Reply #152

SputnikRSS

• Information
Thing is its a business first which is why I assume is they are not running any events as they weren't making enough $$$$.

December 04, 2014, 05:41:12 PM
Reply #153

jcm0791

• Information
Hmmm ... So much for NASA being in the North West ...

December 04, 2014, 05:54:42 PM
Reply #154

Spec Volcanic

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Still lots of NASA events in the same driving time as Calgary to Gimli, whether in winnipeg or Calgary

December 05, 2014, 06:53:48 AM
Reply #155

GTcalgary

Conference (ICSCC) runs quality race events so loyalty is probably high. NASA may have underestimated that and needs to regroup and rethink their NW strategy (i.e. longer expected time frame to operate at a loss to break into the market / more initial capital investment). NASA's points system of classification and license/competition ladder systems are very attractive. It is difficult for any new venture to achieve critical mass vs the established group and in this case also established car prep.

December 05, 2014, 07:17:04 AM
Reply #156

ChrisS

• Information
  • Global Moderator
  • Alberta Spec Miata Championship Coordinator
I bet the challenges with The Ridge weren't helping them (or anyone else  :'( ) either...  Hope that track gets sorted out; would be a shame to lose it...

Chris
Spec Miata #13

December 05, 2014, 11:32:24 AM
Reply #157

SputnikRSS

• Information
The ridge ownership dispute was put to bed a while back if i remember right.

January 24, 2015, 09:50:52 PM
Reply #158

aavery

• Information
any word on the approval from NASA to use their rule set for ST , PT and spec miata?

January 25, 2015, 09:48:18 PM
Reply #159

Tachyon

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Good evening,

I will send out an announcement  tomorrow or Tuesday about where we are in the process. Gary Leadbetter - President of WCMA

January 26, 2015, 11:17:37 AM
Reply #160

Spec Volcanic

• Information
  • Global Moderator
any word on the approval from NASA to use their rule set for ST , PT and spec miata?

Good evening,

I will send out an announcement  tomorrow or Tuesday about where we are in the process. Gary Leadbetter - President of WCMA

Just to clarify the WCMA already has approval to use Spec Miata via the SCCA and does not require NASA approval for SM.