Author Topic: Single day, Endurance series  (Read 13934 times)

December 16, 2015, 09:55:30 AM
Reply #15

ChrisS

• Information
  • Global Moderator
  • Alberta Spec Miata Championship Coordinator
-Change of format to 2 hr....This will become a strategy.  Not all faster cars can run 2hr straight, so will have to stop for a quick 5 gal of fuel

Or an alternative: during the ICSCC 6hr Spring Enduro, they run a concurrent 2hr enduro.  They have a forced pitstop during that 2hr race for all team, with a minimum stop time.  This allows two drivers share a car for the 2 hour race without penalty.

Chris
Spec Miata #13

December 18, 2015, 03:01:56 PM
Reply #16

10cc

• Information
  • WCMA Affiliate Executive
  • ARCA Race Director
Now that our 2016 schedule is public, it is easier to understand my concerns about more
track time at Castrol. We only got four race weekends from them this year. Asked for five,, got four ! I just don't understand a race track not seeming to want racing.....

Just have to make the best of it.
G. Brooke Carter
#10 ST5
ARCA Race Director

January 05, 2016, 01:25:09 PM
Reply #17

TrentO

• Information
What about an event on a weekday evening?  Do a 4 hour enduro?

-Trent

January 07, 2016, 03:36:45 PM
Reply #18

Ital1

• Information
Back in the day we completed in the Molyslip endurance series across Canada, it was will attended. We enjoyed the experience and the competition was strong. This is a great idea that could expand into a western series and might attract a sponsor.
It can all start within the NASCC race week end.

The real focus is to get more involvement into our sport.

April 19, 2016, 11:53:30 AM
Reply #19

JustinL

• Information
What about an event on a weekday evening?  Do a 4 hour enduro?

-Trent

My team has been building an endurance racer 944 and we'd certainly be in to run in a series. I like the idea of weekday evenings especially if we can run into dusk a bit as I think changing conditions are a big part of endurance racing. The other key feature that I like about endurance racing is the driver changes. KoR is great, but making it longer with only one driver isn't quite the same as what I think Trent is suggesting. Putting it on a weekday evening would also not require me to haul my #144 and the enduro car on the same weekend. I think it's a great idea.

April 19, 2016, 02:05:44 PM
Reply #20

majormojo

• Information
  • Global Moderator
  • WCMA Solosport Director
I'd be interested in weekday evening events. For enduro / multi-driver events, I think I could probably put together a team of interested drivers.
Insert awesome race car here.