Author Topic: David Saville-Peck passed away this week  (Read 5975 times)

March 19, 2016, 10:55:43 AM
Read 5975 times

Tachyon

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
One of British Columbia's most successful sports car manufacturesr and driver passed away this week. David Saville Peck built his own Can-Am car and successfully raced it.   The "Costello" --- Someplace in my files I do have pictures of the Costello  at Mosport.   It was also raced at Edmonton International Speedway.   He also participated in the Knox Hill climbs.   The attached pictures are not mine.

This is a note from his brother.

My brother David Oliver Saville Peck (Born April 14th 1945) has died in his 71st year. He died peacefully on March 16th 2016 after three days in Duncan hospital. Prior to this he was cared for by his long-time friend and companion Johanna, an experienced cancer care nurse. David and Johanna first met twelve years ago and they have had a great, as she described it, LAT relationship (Living Apart Together). His daughter Genevieve and son Jolyon assisted Johanna with the care for the last few weeks. David was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer a year ago. He underwent two episodes of chemotherapy which enabled him to carry on working and to travel. He and Johanna travelled to Ontario and to the UK during the year. David carried on running his business, Ennerdale Engineering, until a short time before his passing. Davidís lifelong passion was cars and racing. In the last few years he built 28 Super Seven racing cars at his garage in Chemainus, BC. He also did a lot of repair work for mostly British cars. He wanted to die at home, as our mother had done in Canterbury at the age of 97 but circumstances dictated that he needed to be in hospital at the end. At home he was surrounded by his family, Davidís dog Dino, Davidís cats Sal and Mooki, Johannaís cat Molly, Jolyonís dog Amelia and Genevieveís dog Sophie. The family are planning a celebration of his life on Vancouver Island sometime in the next few weeks. Shaun Peck, Victoria, BC. Canada. March 16th 2016.

[attachment deleted by admin]

March 21, 2016, 07:09:22 AM
Reply #1

giantkiller

• Information Offline
A Western Canadian racing treasure lost.

Godspeed and vale DSP!