Author Topic: Results of this years AGM rules meeting  (Read 8353 times)

April 09, 2014, 03:29:56 PM
Read 8353 times

4kruzn

• Information
I attended this meeting and I am fairly certain that 8-12 minor rule changes were voted in and approved.     When can we expect to see these in print.   I am building a car which a couple of the proposed changes will certainly effect and would like to know if I'm building to 2012 rules or the voted in 2014 changes.    This is not about big changes like swapping to nasa or scca.   This is about the small changes we made in the meeting on our current rules.  I would expect these small changes will effect others as well and we would like to see a confirmation soon,  as race season is quickly approaching.    6 weeks or so and counting. 

Thanks. 

April 11, 2014, 07:53:25 PM
Reply #1

The Radium King

• Information

April 11, 2014, 07:55:24 PM
Reply #2

The Radium King

• Information
seinfeld 'soup nazi' joke. no offence please.

April 12, 2014, 12:25:50 AM
Reply #3

4kruzn

• Information

April 14, 2014, 08:27:37 AM
Reply #4

Spec Volcanic

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I attended this meeting and I am fairly certain that 8-12 minor rule changes were voted in and approved.     When can we expect to see these in print.   I am building a car which a couple of the proposed changes will certainly effect and would like to know if I'm building to 2012 rules or the voted in 2014 changes.    This is not about big changes like swapping to nasa or scca.   This is about the small changes we made in the meeting on our current rules.  I would expect these small changes will effect others as well and we would like to see a confirmation soon,  as race season is quickly approaching.    6 weeks or so and counting. 

Thanks.

I'm following up on this and agree they need to get out

April 15, 2014, 10:04:03 PM
Reply #5

Wayne_S

• WCMA Race Director
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • WCMA Exec
The rules will be posted this week.

April 21, 2014, 06:45:28 PM
Reply #6

4kruzn

• Information
AND....    By "this week", you mean next week?   Aka this Week???   Or did I miss the post some where?   

April 21, 2014, 06:51:00 PM
Reply #7

4kruzn

• Information
"Note to self".   Propose at next AGM for WCMA, that all rule changes must be posted 2 months before race season starts and not...   Count them...  12 days or less before first event. 

All in favor??? 

April 22, 2014, 06:49:11 AM
Reply #8

Al36rx7

• Information
  • Tech Committee
Ahhh  Yes.  This could have been done sooner, but it is verrryy close.  Patience Grasshopper...
A. Brown
==========================
Pistons??.....I Don't need no Stinkin' Pistons!!

April 22, 2014, 07:01:57 AM
Reply #9

4kruzn

• Information

April 23, 2014, 07:05:17 AM
Reply #10

4kruzn

• Information
10...      Do I sound too impatient?     two new cars all waiting so we can confirm officially what rim size we can run...     three more sitting, waiting so we can confirm proper and correct, minimum weight...   

maybe,   in the last 20 years I never really ever knew what rule changes were coming, so it didn't matter, but posting official rule changes this late in the build season???   

just to put it in perspective,   last year there was a shortage of toyo and yokohama tires.   by early may they were out of a bunch of sizes for the entire season...  things like this need to be decided and finalized before its too late for choices.   

ALLEN   call me and calm me down...lol   

and I want my Soup!   

April 23, 2014, 01:04:57 PM
Reply #11

10cc

• Information
  • WCMA Affiliate Executive
  • ARCA Race Director
We are having a hard time getting the new size from Toyo already ( 205/50/15 Proxes RR ), and the Toyo guy in Vancouver wants us to order for 2015 this week.....so, yeah, tires are getting hard to get.
G. Brooke Carter
#10 ST5
ARCA Race Director

April 23, 2014, 02:29:37 PM
Reply #12

4kruzn

• Information
We are having a hard time getting the new size from Toyo already ( 205/50/15 Proxes RR ), and the Toyo guy in Vancouver wants us to order for 2015 this week.....so, yeah, tires are getting hard to get.

my point^^^     

nearly everyone's seasons start before ours,  with our weather and such, we are last to find tires.   having no final decisions until may makes choices very limited, sometimes impossible or far more expensive... 

April 23, 2014, 04:02:08 PM
Reply #13

The Radium King

• Information
2014 sporting regulations are up ...

go to www.wcma.ca/new

all car radios have to be certified by industry Canada now. time to take the microwave tower off my car I guess ...

April 23, 2014, 06:40:24 PM
Reply #14

4kruzn

• Information
2014 sporting regulations are up ...

go to www.wcma.ca/new

all car radios have to be certified by industry Canada now. time to take the microwave tower off my car I guess ...

as you can see by the quick response, some are waiting and watching...  however the "sporting" regs are not the parts of the rules required to build new race cars for 2014.   :-(