Author Topic: Bringing spectators out to WCMA Races  (Read 12390 times)

March 09, 2016, 02:56:00 PM
Reply #15

10cc

• Information
  • WCMA Affiliate Executive
  • ARCA Race Director
Some good points GT, also some issues.

Race City used to have a hay wagon ride around to the other side of the track, along with stands I think, but it was a cool  way to get folks top the other viewing areas.

Food and beverage is beyond our control so far. Castrol will not even let us sell beer to ourselves

Race City used to have an announcer....I liked it

If we could have access to that black tent that's in the paddock, we could figure out the TV thingy.

Ear plugs, T's, Hats etc are all easy to do....I sold that stuff for 35 years. Just need someone to pay for the stuff up front.

G. Brooke Carter
#10 ST5
ARCA Race Director

March 10, 2016, 09:36:01 AM
Reply #16

Doug Campbell

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It should be pretty inexpensive and easy to post our race schedule and class explanations on either the NASCC or WCMA.ca website, then just plant a big sign in front of the spectator areas directing people to the website. RACE INFO - WCMA.ca  Everybody's got a smart phone these days. I think people in most cases don't know what they are watching, even once they get there, classes are mixed together, just a bunch of anonymous cars going around. Perhaps we can have a page where people can relate the car number to information on the person racing? or at least an explanation of what class or preparation Car #XX is in. Would need a direct link to the information page on the first page of either website that says: RACE INFO click here. Can't have people searching for what we want to show them.
Yellow Z06
Spec Miata 91

March 10, 2016, 12:35:24 PM
Reply #17

GTcalgary

It should be pretty inexpensive and easy to post our race schedule and class explanations on either the NASCC or WCMA.ca website, then just plant a big sign in front of the spectator areas directing people to the website. RACE INFO - WCMA.ca  Everybody's got a smart phone these days. I think people in most cases don't know what they are watching, even once they get there, classes are mixed together, just a bunch of anonymous cars going around. Perhaps we can have a page where people can relate the car number to information on the person racing? or at least an explanation of what class or preparation Car #XX is in. Would need a direct link to the information page on the first page of either website that says: RACE INFO click here. Can't have people searching for what we want to show them.

Will incorporate those thoughts into new website design. Thanks Doug!